When 2020 began, no one believed that in the subsequent months, what they identified as “normal” would not be so normal anymore. When COVID-19 started to spread, the whole world was compelled to change their lifestyles overnight.
Given the fact that there’s still no vaccine or cure available to fight off Coronavirus, it becomes crucial to look after our bodies and adopt a healthier lifestyle. Boosting your immunity and consuming healthier foods that are also chemical-free is the best way forward.
Through this article, we will tell you how you can boost your immune system in the most natural way possible. We will provide you with tips that will help you fight off dangers of COVID-19, however, it depends on you to ensure that you’re doing everything you can to safeguard yourself from this pandemic.
Measures to boost immunity:
- Workout Regularly: Workouts reduce the risk of high blood pressure, heart attacks, and other diseases.
- Avoid too much stress: Stress, binge dieting and other unhealthy habits are equally injurious to your immune system.
- Eat a balanced diet: A balanced diet is one that contains all the nutrients in their right proportions.
- Get proper sleep: The body releases cytokinin which is anti-inflammation and anti-infection proteins during sleep.
- Be considerate with the consumption of Sugar: Processed sugar is linked with numerous health risks and diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, etc.
- Avoid/reduce intake of Alcohol and Cigarettes: Smoking increases the risks of infections by destroying antibodies, whereas alcohol can dehydrate and rid the body of essential nutrients.
- Make sure you Stay Hydrated: Water will naturally help to discharge toxins and other pathogens from the body.
- Eat healthy fats: Avocados, Cheese, Whole Eggs, Chia seeds, Nuts, Olive Oil, etc contain healthy fats that are good for your health.
- Wash & sanitize your hands properly: An easier way to boost your immunity is by keeping your hands clean at all times.
- Wash & cook meat thoroughly: Meat should be washed and cooked thoroughly to guarantee proper hygiene before it is consumed.
Apart from these “self-help” methods, there are some chemical free products that will help you increase your immunity in a natural way.
Let’s discuss the superfoods and the nutrients they provide:
- Wheat germ oil
- Sunflower seeds
- Peanut butter
These foods are rich in Vitamin E that helps fight against many diseases and acts as a powerful antioxidant to boost the immune system.
- Kiwi fruit
- Citrus fruits and juices
Citrus fruits are loaded with Vitamin c which is a proven antioxidant. It helps fight against free radicals and improves the immune system at a very fast pace.
- Baked Bean
- Raisin Bran
Zinc helps in producing immune cells and is the best option for the replacement of depleted antioxidants.
Carotenoids are naturally available in plants and help in regulating the immune system.
These are not nutrients but are groups of super fruits with a combo of antioxidants that help to boost the immune system fast.
Immunity is something that can be improved easily over time. It takes dedication and persistence to boost your immunity and devotion to proper sleep, diet, workout, etc. which will enable you to reach the level you wish to attain.
Be consistent with your efforts. COVID-19 is not going to end overnight, it will take its time. You should prepare yourself for a longer run. Focus your efforts and energy on being better and the results will follow.